Northwest Bush Blade

Northwest Bush Blade

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

New York City Survival Knife




© Jeff Crowner 2010The picture above shows a couple of customer owned New York City Survival Knives. This particular client goes by the "Two is one, One is none" rule and so prefers a set of knives--one carbon steel and one stainless for differing environments and applications.

If you look closely you can see the line where the red one was differentially heat treated. Both of these are dressed in TeroTuf grips but the blue one also carries a liner which makes the grip a bit thicker. The version in 5160 has my standard mustard patina. The stainless version is actually made of Elmax, which I consider one of the premier stainless materials on the market. It has incredible edge-retention qualities as well as durability. It can be cryogenically and/or differentially heat treated.

The New York City Survival Knife is in fact a Wayne Goddard design that he gave me exclusive permission to produce. I've put my own spin on it and am really happy with how it has turned out. So are clients--those that can talk about their work and those that can't--if you know what I mean.  I added pics of my personal one with red G10 scales.  The blade is made of CPM3V.  This blade is what I usually train with when going live blade.  It is a hardcore blade.  The added filework adds gripability to the smooth G10.  Come by and check it out at the OKCA show second weekend of April 2011 Eugene Oregon.